Sunday, January 4, 2009

Families Can Be Together Forever . . .

January 3, 2009 - A day that has changed our family forever. We all gathered in Las Vegas to say goodbye for now to our newest member, Jack Alexander Johanson. His funeral was very sweet and remind us that we can be together forever and this was just a moment on our paths back to our Heavenly Father.
We love this little boy and appreciate the 41 days he was able to spend with us. I never was able to meet him, but he has changed our lives forever.
A mother's love is so abundant and kind. Elizabeth is a mother in the truest sense. She is an example to me. She spoke during the service and reminded me that we should cherish every moment we have with our families here on earth. She listed all of the things that Jack has taught her and will continue teaching her. I love this woman with all my heart. She is quiet and reserved about her feelings, but mighty in her example. My heart aches for this sweet family right now with what they are going through. They are a living example that the Comforter is there for you in your time of need. They are not alone in this. Bishop Holland in his remarks said, " Heavenly Father will be there to help you, and let you know, he knows what you are going through." We love you Adam, Elizabeth, Megan and Jack.

2 comments:

Cecily said...

Tracy,
I've read your post on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and now on Wednesday, and I still cannot read it without crying.
I am so thankful we are a forever family.
I love you!
Mom

Elizabeth J. said...

Tracy - thank you for such a tender post. Thank you guys for being there with us for the funeral. Thank you for your prayers and your love and for loving our little guy so much.

We love you.